Thursday 23 July 2015

I announced my retirement

"It was very unfortunate that during that one week after I announced my retirement, there was a 'rift' created between me and Dhoni, which is not at all true. Firstly, there was no party. It came out in the media as 'Laxman threw a big bash' after announcing his retirement. But there was no party. It's just that four of my friends, with whom I spent a lot of time while playing for India, wanted me to come to the hotel, but I instead invited them to my new home for a simple dinner because we had just moved to a new place. The house wasn't even ready. Unfortunately, the media blew it out of proportion saying I didn't invite Dhoni, and invited the rest of the team, which is untrue. And they blamed Dhoni for my retirement, even after I had said that my inner voice forced me to take the decision for the good of Indian cricket. It's unfortunate because throughout my career I never faced such a situation"

No comments:

Post a Comment